India – Engineering students succumb to food poisoning

Udaipur Times

An incident of food poisoning occurred in the mess of Aravali Institute of Technical Studies. Affected students were rushed to various hospitals on early Monday morning.

As per students of Aravali Institute, many of them felt severe pain, nausea and upset stomach as early as 3:30 a.m. on Monday 9th April. By 5 a.m. 300 out of 400 students hailing from various states gathered in college campus. 105 students reportedly faced the symptoms mentioned above. 40 students were admitted to different hospitals, though college administration has mentioned the affected number as 25.

Students were rushed to Pacific Medical College and Hospital-Umarda, Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Hiranmagri Satellite Hospital and Kanak Hospital. Hiranmagri police has started investigations.

As per reports, students got extremely agitated over the issue of poor quality of food. To this, SI Yashwant Singh said that a student committee would be formed for the mess and food will be cooked as required by students. Food samples have been sent to the lab for investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s