Another suspected case of food poisoning has been reported in Telangana, this time in Adilabad.
After consuming biscuits served as morning snacks at Jaipur Gurukul school, about 15 students fell ill and had to be rushed to the Mancherial government hospital for treatment. All the students were declared out of danger later.
As per school authorities, students had started vomiting and were taken to the hospital immediately for treatment.
Recently, cases of food poisoning were reported at Kasturba School in Bela mandal, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule school in Nirmal and Kasturba school in Sirpur (T) in Kumurambheem Asifabad district.
Student leader B Rahul alleged that the education system has completely collapsed in the State due to various reasons. “Cases of food poisoning are now being reported with increasing regularity and yet, the government is not taking any measures to ensure hygiene and better quality of food in hostel messes,” he said.