Hong Kong – CFS urges public not to consume one kind of butter product from Australia with potential microbial contamination
|Source of Information
||The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment of Australia
||One kind of butter product imported from Australia
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: MG Brand Butter, Unsalted 25KG
Place of origin: Australia
Net weight: 25 kilograms
Date of manufacture: April 21, 2021
Shelf life: Two years
Importer: Foodgears Industrial International Ltd
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment of Australia that the above-mentioned product might have been microbiologically contaminated and is being recalled.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- l According to the information provided by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment of Australia, the affected batch of the product has been imported into Hong Kong. Upon learning of the incident, the CFS immediately contacted the local importer concerned for follow-up.
- A preliminary investigation found that the local importer, Foodgears Industrial International Ltd, had imported the affected batch of the product into Hong Kong. The importer concerned has initiated a recall according to the CFS’ instructions.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Not to consume the affected batch of the product if they have bought any.
||The CFS press release
Enquiries about the recall can be made to the hotline at 3999 5706 during office hours.
Centre for Food Safety
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department