Research – EU – Cryptosporidiosis – Annual Epidemiological Report for 2017
- For 2017, 21 EU/EEA countries reported 11 449 cryptosporidiosis cases, of which 11 418 were confirmed.
- The notification rate was 3.2 confirmed cases per 100 000 population.
- Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom (UK) accounted for 71% of all confirmed cases, with the United Kingdom alone accounting for 44%.
- Most of the cases were reported in September 2017, following the seasonal pattern of previous years.
- Children aged 0–4 years had the highest notification rate of 12.5 cases per 100 000 population.
This entry was posted in Boil Water Notice
, Contaminated water
, Food Micro Blog
, Food Microbiology
, Food Microbiology Blog
, Food Microbiology Research
, microbial contamination
, water microbiology
. Bookmark the permalink