UK – White Hart Inn boss speaks out after food poisoning leads to one star hygiene rating for Ingatestone pub – Food Illness

Essex Live

A businessman who runs a country pub has spoken out after a number of his customers contracted a nasty sickness bug.

The White Hart Inn, in Swan Lane, Margaretting Tye, has recently been scrutinised by food hygiene inspectors after the majority of a party became ill following a meal on February 18.

Of the 33 guests who attended the meal, 25 became ill following the outing, with two having to go to hospital because their symptoms were so severe.

Owing to the number of individuals who became sick, Public Health England and Chelmsford Environmental Health launched an investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s