Ireland – Woman died due to Salmonella after Communion function, inquest told


A woman who contracted food poisoning at a First Communion function died due to salmonella, an inquest has heard.

Investigations into the outbreak are continuing, an inquest into the death of 55-year-old mother of one Sandra O’Brien heard.

Ms O’Brien, from Rivervalley, Swords, Co Dublin died on 21 May, 2017 following the consumption of food prepared at O’Dwyer’s Bar and Grill, Strand Road, Portmarnock, Co Dublin.

Ms O’Brien’s husband, Garda Sgt Michael O’Brien, attended a short inquest hearing into her death at Dublin Coroner’s Court.

Investigations by two separate authorities are ongoing into the salmonella outbreak, the inquest heard.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s