Forty-one people, 31 of them women, from Maharashtra were hospitalised last night due to food poisoning, medical authorities today said. Dr R Pandey, superintendent of the SSG Hospital here, said that they suffered from diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach aches after having their evening meal yesterday. “It is a case of food poisoning. Two of them are under observation.
The police has been intimated,” the official said. One of the patients said that the group, all from Maharashtra, had come to the city to take part in a company training programme related to call centres.