Information -Avoiding Scombroid Poisoning

Total Food Service fish

With global temperatures on the rise, preventing temperature abuse is more important than ever.  I have several clients who have witnessed guests afflicted with scombroid poisoning right there in their dining room, during service. 

Scombroid fish, especially those as common as Tuna and Mahi-mahi, can produce a nasty combination of substances known as scombrotoxin, which, when consumed, can lead to scombroid poisoning. Scombroid poisoning, in turn, sickens your guest almost immediately, results in lawsuits or insurance claims, and the Dept of Health will dispatch their foodborne illness inspectors to conduct a thorough audit of your restaurant.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s