India – Telangana: 34 students suffer food poisoning in Warangal

Siasat

Hyderabad: 34 students, all women, in Warangal district of Telangana suffered from food poisoning on Tuesday.

21 of them have been admitted to CHC Wardhannapet, another 12 to MGM hospital. All the students are reportedly safe. One of the students found a lizard in the food, reported Newsmeter.

A girl undergoing treatment at the hospital said she noticed a dead lizard in the food and stopped eating. Though she informed the in-charge, he told her that it was not a lizard but a green chilli. Few minutes later, several students started vomiting and also complained of stomach ache and loose motions.

Education department officials have ordered an inquiry. They said strong action would be taken against those found responsible.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s