India – Man dies, 16 faint due to ‘food poisoning’ in Nellore

New Indian Express

One person died and 16 others fainted due to diarrhoea and vomiting at Veerubhotla Palli in Kaluvoya mandal of Nellore district on Saturday afternoon. Condition of two of them was reported to be critical. The deceased was identified as Govind Munda (47) from North 24 Parganas district in West Bengal.

The 16 other farmhands hospitalised were also from West Bengal and came to Nellore for paddy transplantation. They temporarily migrate to Nellore for farm work every year. DM&HO Dr S Rajyalakshmi suspected food poisoning as the reason for the illness.

“The migrant workers consumed the food they prepared three days back at their home in West Bengal even after reaching Nellore. They also had egg biryani while travelling in the train,” she said while expressing her suspicion of food poisoning being a reason for their condition. Further, she said they consumed water from a borewell, left unused by the locals for a longtime.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s