Forty-two persons were admitted to a government hospital in Nannilam with complaints of nausea and diarrhoea due to suspected food poisoning on Saturday. All of them had consumed the prasadam from a Mariamman Temple at Kuvalaikal, near Tiruvarur. Over 100 persons, who had consumed the prasadam distributed during a festival on Friday, were said to have taken ill on Saturday morning. Those with severe complaints were rushed to the Nannilam government hospital. In all, 42 persons, including 18 men, 20 women and four children, were admitted to the hospital. Food Minister R. Kamaraj visited the victims and enquired about their health.
- 81,105 Views