Philippines – Vietnamese sandwich downs more than 300 in Bataan

Manila Bulletin

More than 300 people were treated for suspected food poisoning after they ate Banh Mi, a Vietnamese sandwich sold here.

Morong municipal health officer, Dr. Emma Bugay, said Friday that 160 were admitted to the municipal health center while 160 others were treated in dispensaries.

“They were vomiting and experiencing diarrhea. All of them ate Banh Mi. Some victims who came from remote areas were feeling so weak,” the doctor said.

Banh Mi, Vietnamese for bread, consists of a baguette with tomato, cucumber, onion, homemade liver, pork and butter, among others. It is Vietnam’s most recognized food after “pho”.

Bugay said Morong is noted for the sandwich and not only visitors but even local folks patronize the stores selling it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s