India – Tumakuru food poisoning death toll rises to four

Bangalore Mirror

On March 9, three students died while one was hospitalised because of suspected food poisoning.

The hostel has 29 students while most of them ate chapatti and beetroot palya for dinner, four of the boys and the security guard opted to eat rice and rasam after which they fell sick.

Confirming the death, Superintendent of Police Isha Pant told Bangalore Mirror, that the reports from the Forensic Science Laboratory are crucial in this case. Teams have been speaking to everyone possible present that the boarding school on the day the unfortunate event took place, looking for vital clues and recording statements about what happened place during that day, she said.

Meanwhile, the police have also arrested former MLA Kiran Kumar and his wife Kavita to whom the school belongs.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s