Spain – Michelin star restaurant linked to deadly food poisoning outbreak reopens

Food Safety News

A restaurant in Spain with a Michelin star has reopened almost one month after being linked to the death of a diner and 30 cases of food poisoning.

The Ministry of Health of Valencia detected the cases of food poisoning between Feb. 13 and 16 among customers of RiFF restaurant in Valencia.

More than 100 people who dined at the restaurant between these dates have been interviewed to try and find the vehicle of infection and food samples were sent to the National Toxicology Institute to be analyzed.

Initial investigations and inspections found the restaurant complied with sanitary regulations. It specializes in European cuisine and Mediterranean food. RiFF was opened in September 2001 and achieved a Michelin star in 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s